Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Soap Rocket



Okay, so I know this isn't an electronic project but I had a good time designing it and my kids had a great time playing with it.



So my son is having a carnival day for his last day of school this year. Everyone is supposed to bring some little home-made items to sell for a few cents. My son wanted me to help him fold some paper airplanes to sell. Wanting to find the best paper airplane I went to the internet for help. There I stumbled onto a page that showed an educational example of the surface tension of water using a little triangle of cardboard with a channel cut down the center. I thought it would be fun to have a re-useable example of that. Then I thought the kids at school would get a kick out of a plastic rocket that they could "launch" in the tub. So I drew up a simple outline of a rocket, added the channel for the soap and the 3D Printed Soap Rocket was born! I think it turned out pretty good. Check out the video of it in action:


For instructions on how to build your own visit: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:23112

I'm really excited about some of the projects I have been working on. Check back soon to see what I've been working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment