Tuesday, December 18, 2012

New domain, and boards are at the fab

Laser Converter V1.1
You may have noticed that the .blogspot part of the address is gone. We have moved to our own domain! Also, I have sent the next batch of boards out for fabrication.  I figured since I was sending out for new boards anyway, I would make a few changes.



  1. Silkscreen changes to add clarification to connectors and parts.
  2. Moved all parts to top side so that assembly can be done easier.
  3. Added an isolated 5V power supply allowing me to remove the USB cable on the PC side.
  4. Increased capacitance for Vmot on stepper drivers.
  5. Removed unnecessary pull-ups on dip switches.
  6. Added an N-FET on the 24V supply. The plan is to use this to control an air solenoid valve on the air assist.   
I'm excited for the changes. When I get the boards back, I will ship the boards out in the order I received the pre-orders. If you are still on the fence about getting your board on pre-order, get one now I've almost sold all the boards for this first batch. The next batch will be MUCH larger.

Order boards here

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris - could you also make the 3-axis fully-assembled Laser cutter converter board available for pre-order please? I'd love to order one of these from you! Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete